Things and stuff: (as Darcy would say)
1. Thank you all SO much for your support on my race time. This is an amazing community and I’m so proud to be a part of it.
2. I’m feeling super cute today.
3. And loving my legs, obvi.
4. I’m moving. Again. I’m so sick of moving. I swear once I buy a house I’m never moving again.
5. I still feel like I should be ready to buy a house at 30. But that’s in 2 months and I’m just not ready.
6. Work is insane for me right now and I’m worried my workout schedule will take the back seat. I already skipped yesterday as I was at work for 11 hours. Gotta make it a priority.
7. Montana is finally having decent weather. Hallelujah.
8. Life is damn good, friends. Damn good.
I finished 16th out of 449 runners in my age group this weekend.
The girl who used to weigh 300 pounds. The girl who still has 30 pounds to lose. That girl!
It’s no gold medal, but dang it I’m proud of that!
This is my mom. She’s pretty badass. I love her mucho.
Things my tumblr friends understand:
1. The sense of elation when slamming a cup of coffee and taking a jog around the block elicits the intended effect on race day.
2. The sense of relief when your sponsor for the race tells you all they have left are size medium tshirts, and it actually fits.
3. The awesomeness of not having to pay for a race because you have a sponsor! And that sponsor is the Montana Beef Council. And you get an I heart beef shirt!
4. The sense of gratitude to your parents for being at the finish line. (This one is new. They surprised me at my half last year, and now they love coming to see me run.)
5. The feeling of HOLY SHIT I’M A BADASS when you run an awesome race, PR the shit out of it, remember why you love running, and start thinking about all the races you want to run now.
Montana Women’s Run 2013 - 2 miles - approx 17:30
I’ve OBVIOUSLY always been a fashionista.
Edit to add: who makes a third grader loop their thumb through their neon striped suspenders like they’re some sort of cowboy vigilante?!? Seriously, photographer!
Pork belly with a white chocolate black bean sauce
Korean beef tacos
Mussels in Cajun sauce
Shared amongst friends. Nothing in excess. Twas glorious.
Just finished up 5K. Nothing was beautiful and everything hurt. In fact, I almost said eff it after a mile and walked home.
But I didn’t. And it’s done. And it’s fine.
I’ll consider it a recovery run. Recovering from eating crap, barely working out, and getting too little sleep and too little water the past 7 days.
Are there so few Indy pics on my dash? Are you all too drunk and forgetful already?
I’d rather be in Indy than Disney?!?
Good luck today guys!